Co-founder of Born 2 Run Athletics Club, as well as Roodepoort and Bryanston parkrun – David’s dedication to his sport is inspiring.
Having run competitively over the longer distance road running events for many years as well as trail running, David has a wealth of knowledge from which to draw when coaching both novice and experienced athletes. Currently teaching at a local high school, David coaches cross-country and athletics is his preferred extramural activities. Combine this with his studies of physiology (undertaken as a sub-major within his B.Ed degree), UCT certificate course in endurance athletic coaching and an ASA coaching qualification, and you’ll find that David has a very structured and scientific approach to his training.
David currently coaches a number of runners of all levels from beginner to very experienced.
- Comrades Ultra Marathon (90km) PB: 6h24 (8 x silver medals)
- Two Oceans (56km) PB: 3h39 (4 x silver medals)
- Brussels Marathon (42.2km) PB: 2h31
- 10km PB: 32m17
- 5km PB: 16m04
- Founder of the Roodepoort parkrun
- Co-founder of Bryanston parkrun
- Past Regional Director for parkrun South Africa (Central Gauteng)
- Past Chairman and Director of EasyEquities Born2Run Athletics Club (2014-2018)
- Recipient of athletics bursary to the University of the Witwatersrand (2013)
- Cross-country & Athletics coach at Trinity House High School
- Member of Entsika Athletics Club
Follow David on twitter